Interactive half-day training course
This interactive half-day course gives participants theory and practical experience in how to conduct an investigation. The course is relevant to all those who commission independent investigations or reviews.
Verita have a wide range of experience of independent investigations for organisations in the private and public sectors, ranging from small and simple, to large and complex. So we’re well positioned to impart knowledge and provide training on the various aspects of conducting an investigation.
The course covers:
- the role and responsibilities of commissioners
- how to draft terms of reference
- understanding the investigative process
- how to select the investigative team
- quality assuring the investigation report
- legal and publication considerations
Learning points include:
- understanding the importance of setting clear parameters from the outset
- what to look for when appointing the investigative team
- what makes a good robust report that can withstand scrutiny and challenge
“Thank you for an excellent session. Informative and helpful, backed by a wealth of practical experience: just what we wanted. Everyone came up to me afterwards to say how much they had enjoyed and appreciated it.”