Verita Complaints Policy
- At Verita we are proud of our work and aim to carry it out to the highest professional standards. However, if you are unhappy with the service that Verita has provided we understand that you may wish to complain. This policy explains how you can do that and how your complaint will be dealt with. View the policy as a PDF here
- It is important to note that our work is generally commissioned by a client with whom we agree terms of reference, etc. While most of the investigations that we carry out are independent, we deliver the report to them when it is finished. Although we liaise with them about issues such as publication, a decision on whether and/or in what form to publish is usually one for the commissioner. Any complaint about an issue such as why a report is being kept confidential, therefore, should be made to the commissioner of the report.
Making a complaint
- You can make a complaint by completing this form – complaints form.
How we will handle your complaint
- We have a two-stage process for dealing with any complaint. Please note, unless otherwise agreed, we will share your complaint and our response within Verita and may need to provide details to the commissioner of the investigation.
- At stage 1, the person who has been dealing with the particular investigation will investigate the complaint and draft a response to you. The response will be signed off by the managing director (or by another company director if the complaint involves the managing director). We will respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
- If you are unhappy with the response to the complaint, you can appeal to our non-executive chairman or a senior associate, who will review the complaint and the response to it. The appeal should be in writing and state the reason you are dissatisfied with the outcome. The chairman will respond to your appeal within 10 working days.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at [email protected].
- Verita is committed to making reasonable adjustments in line with the Equality Act. If you need any adjustments, do let us know.